Service ManagerBedford, £42,000 - £46,000 Contract
Our client is seeking an Interim Service Manager, probably to work until Christmas.
The Service Manager / Registered Manager / Care Home Manager / Nursing Manager will be responsible and accountable for holding and maintaining the appropriate registration and the overall management of the Service(s) in accordance with our client’s vision, mission, policies and procedures.
You will directly manage resources to ensure exemplary customer service to people who use the services whilst ensuring budgetary compliance.
You will need to have at least 2 years’ experience in a residential care home, and have a proven track record of achieving at least a ‘good’ from a CQC inspection.
• To be responsible for holding and maintaining the appropriate registration for the service.
• To provide leadership, management and clear direction in the delivery of all services within your defined area(s) of responsibility.
• Manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff within your service to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements.
• To monitor and develop the individual and team performance of all members of staff to achieve optimum performance within defined organisational policy requirements.
• To ensure that disciplinary matters, grievances and whistle blowing issues are dealt with promptly and professionally in accordance with organisational procedures.
• To develop and implement service training plans in consultation with the Learning and Development team.
• To implement systems and procedures that monitor, maintain and, where appropriate, challenge and improve standards within your service, ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed to achieve high quality services.
• To ensure that complaints and compliments are handled effectively in accordance with organisational policies ensuring prompt and professional actions in order to minimise conflict.
• To develop and involve your team in exploring innovative ways of improving and delivering services to enhance organisational performance and share these ideas as best practice developments.
• To effectively deploy all resources to ensure you achieve our client’s vision, mission and values.
• To liaise with all regulatory bodies to ensure their requirements are implemented, monitored and maintained.
• To support the line manager in negotiating with local purchasers to secure appropriate funding.
• To use technology effectively to monitor and understand KPIs, to manage day to day service delivery and to support and enhance your role.
• To work closely with professional colleagues to develop, agree, monitor and effectively manage your service budgets and report on progress.
• To ensure that people using the service receive support in line with agreed plans and expectations.
• To provide safe systems of work within all areas of responsibility in accordance with health and safety policies and procedures.
• To comply with the company and any local safeguarding & mental capacity act (MCA)
• policies and procedures.
• To take appropriate actions following recommendations from health and safety inspections and other internal audit processes.
• To ensure service provision to agreed KPIs.
• To deputise for the line manager as required.
• To undertake any other duties as requested.
• Recognised nursing or social care qualification and registration (as appropriate to the needs of the respective Service).
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification as required for registration with the relevant inspectorate.
• Substantial experience of operating in a supervisory or management capacity in a care environment.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continue training and developing professionally maintain your competence as a manager, including keeping up to date with your knowledge of standards and legislation.
• To be able and willing to travel and stay away overnight if required.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.