Support Workers / Care Staff / Care Workers / Care AssistantsNottingham, £0 Permanent
Various locations across the Nottingham area.
Hours – Various (Permanent).
Our client is a provider of services to individuals with Learning Difficulties. They are currently looking to expand their team of dedicated Support Workers / Care Staff / Care Workers / Care Assistants in the Nottingham area (various locations).
Our client supports adults who live in Supported Living and Self-Contained Apartments. Your support is essential to help them live as independently as possible.
This is a hugely rewarding role assisting with everything associated with ensuring the lives of the individuals they support are fulfilled and encourage them to be independent in their homes.
Experience is not necessary as full training will be given. You must possess a willingness to be reflective, be committed to continual improvement through professional dialogue and exploration, and enjoy working flexibly as part of a team. You will need to be patient, understanding and have the ability to establish a rapport with young people in a busy, lively setting. The role will be challenging but rewarding and you will be working with supportive, friendly colleagues who are passionate about helping our pupils to be the best they can be.
• Full training provided (including the nationally recognised Care Certificate), as well as training tailored to the needs of the people they support.
• Support for you to gain your Health and Social Care Diploma.
• 28 days holiday.
• Wellbeing fund.
• Paid DBS.
• Provide high quality support to Service Users based upon their needs and wishes in a person-centred approach.
• Promote the right attributions, values and attitudes towards people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours described as challenging.
• Complete records and documentation.
• Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and wellbeing of the individuals
• Shift patterns will vary and will include lone working.
• Experience in health and social care would be an advantage but not essential.
• You’re considerate, committed, and respect people’s differences.
• Able to adapt your approach to individuals’ needs, have good communication skills be positive and patient!
• Create solutions to overcome challenges and have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• You’ll need to be flexible and able to work shifts.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.