Assembly and Distribution Technician / Warehouse OperativeWetherby, £23,500 - £23,500 Permanent
My Client is a provider of specialist Medical Products which are distributed worldwide.
As an assembly and distribution technician, you will be expected to contribute positively within the organisation towards a compliant and efficient assembly and distribution centre.
Be responsible for storage, goods receipting, quality control, product assembly and distribution, together with efficient
despatch of goods to customers’ requirements, both domestic and export.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety requirements.
• Goods receiving inspection and booking-in of stock onto the SAGE stock control system.
• Control of non-conforming products, both internal and from external suppliers.
• Control of returned goods from customers and suppliers.
• Correct labelling, storage and handling of materials and products to prevent deterioration,
operating a FIFO policy in conjunction with continual stock monitoring.
• Unloading of deliveries and movement of materials and products within the assembly and
distribution centre, either manually or with the aid of a forklift truck or stacker.
• Picking, packing, and despatching of products to customers’ requirements whilst adhering to
internal control policies.
• Control of packaging materials/consumables, internal requisitioning of packaging materials and
call-offs for product from external suppliers through Warehouse & Stock Coordinator.
• Participate in annual and perpetual stocktakes, maintaining accurate stock control.
• Participate in general good housekeeping duties and adopt ownership of designated areas.
• Identify any personal or corporate training and development objectives and openly discuss
personal development plans with line manager.
• Liaise closely with all service suppliers and departments as needed.
• Work as a member of the team, ensuring a strong and successful company
• Educated to GCSE standard as a minimum.
• Forklift truck licence required.