Head of Clinical OperationsWakefield, £60,000 - £65,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 are on the lookout for a remarkable individual to lead a vibrant and dedicated clinical services team based in West Yorkshire. The Head of Clinical Services role will involve overseeing various services, including GP Care Wakefield, urgent care, NHS health checks, respiratory infection hubs, and a new children's observation hub.
As the Head of Clinical Operations you will serve as the senior accountable manager overseeing the operational delivery of services. In this pivotal role, you will function as the Registered Manager and hold a key position within the Board and Senior Leadership Team.
If you have experience in out-of-hours/urgent care services, and/or you've worked in a senior operations role with significant managerial expertise and be ideally CQC Registered, we want to hear from you.
Working with an excellent and agile team you will be responsible, alongside their clinical lead for the delivery of a range of services including enhanced access service, urgent care, NHS health checks, acute respiratory infection hubs and our new children's observation hub. You will also be responsible for the oversight of a 16-25 year old mental health service.
Working in partnership with local GPs and health and social care partners, you will work alongside the senior leadership team to ensure the organisations is able to deliver high quality, responsive services. Part of the role will also include the management/deployment of a large sessional workforce who also provide support to our general practices as well as 7 Primary Care Networks. You will be conversant in risk management, clinical quality and assurance and have financial acumen.
The postholder will also be their CQC registered manager.
Main duties of the job
For the role of Head of Clinical Services we are looking for someone who has experience of delivering out of hours/urgent care services and/or working in a senior operations role, you will have significant managerial experience and the ability to work at a senior leadership level with a dynamic and innovative management team. You will need to work flexibly including working at weekends, bank holidays and evenings, when required.
You will be involved in the following areas : -
- Operational Oversight of clinical services both new and existing
- CQC Registered Manager ensuring compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Financial and contractual arrangements across the service portfolio
- System Partnerships, taking control of meetings
- Educated to Masters degree with a healthcare or management focus, or equivalent experience in Senior Management.
- Full clean UK driving license
- CQC registered Manager.
- Proven senior operational management experience, including Implementing new services, budgetary control, service leadership, and staff management.
- Experience in managing and developing CQC-regulated health-related services.
- Familiarity with managing through complex and unpredictable change
- Specific achievements in previous roles, demonstrating impact on
- Operational management, budgetary control and service improvement.
- Management experience within a GP Alliance, Federation, or network.
- Experience working within a Health and Social Care system at a senior level.
- Evidence of leading a geographically dispersed team.