M&E Quantity SurveyorOssett, £45,000 - £55,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 is delighted to be supporting a local building services group, that’s in its third decade of trading. As an established firm and a leader in its industry, its portfolio boasts several high street retails brands throughout the U.K. Due to business growth, they are seeking an M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the team in Wakefield.
As a M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates and plans of development projects
- Prepare financial statement of regular interval during work period
- Prepare and execute formal contract
- Management of sub-contractor accounts
- Prepare Bill of Quantity or specification documents for tendering
- Advice on cost estimates regards design development
- Advice on procurement, tendering, contract procedures and arrangement
- Organise calling of tenders
- Evaluate tenders received, inform of tender reports
- Interim valuate work progress on site for interim payments
- Settle final project payments
- Report to commercial manager
- Assisting in preparing variations for project managers
- Client applications
- Cash flow forecasts
- Business development & lead generation.
- Occasional travel to carry out site surveys and meetings
To be considered for this role you must:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage workload.
- IT proficient in Microsoft products
- Able to read and understand tender drawings and specifications
- Must have sound knowledge of all M&E in both commercial and retail environments
- High numeracy levels & commercial awareness a must alongside a keen eye for detail
- Experience of retail projects beneficial
- Previous estimating experience preferred
- HND IN Building Survey Practice
In return, you will receive a competitive basic salary of up to £50K depending on experience, plus £5K car allowance, along with a pension, health cover and 22 + Bank Holidays annual leave. This is a hybrid role working three days in the office and 2 days at home.