Product Support Specialist / Help Desk SupportSheffield, £1 - £1 Permanent
Pyramid8 are recruiting on behalf of a leading scientific organisation based in Sheffield for an IT Product Support Specialist providing technical support to customers via e-mail, support tickets, remote assistance as well as over the phone in relation to their Life Science Instrumentation products. This is an amazing atmosphere to work in with use of an onsite Gym, Breakout areas with games tables and a genuine company that cares about the development of their employees.
Our client is a world leading manufacturer and supplier of instrumentation and software to the Life Science Sector, and they deliver the highest quality products and exceptional service. They are an award-winning business who continue to grow year on year.
You will be supporting the group of business based in the UK with support to their European and US based sites also.
They are seeking an additional team member to join a small support/development office based in Sheffield. For this role you will be responsible for providing support to customers via email, support tickets, remote assistance, as well as over the phone and customer site visits. The role will involve providing IT support on site for customers during installations, providing training and customising the software. There will be opportunities to travel throughout Europe and Worldwide supporting customers.
- Providing help desk ticket-based support
- Phone and remote support
- Development of technical literature (help files, FAQs etc)
- Installation and configuration of supporting software (MS SQL Server, Windows Server etc)
- Software and hardware trouble shooting
- Travelling to customer sites to provide installation IT support and operator training
- Excellent IT skills (MSSQL/Oracle/Windows Server/Windows Desktop)
- Good communication skills (written, phone and in person)
- Ability to work well as part of a team and within an ISO 9001 Quality environment
- Experience with Hardware and Software support
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise calls
- Experience within a laboratory environment and/or software development environment
Full driving license