Group Energy ManagerManchester, £37,000 - £45,000 Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Energy Manager to join our Sustainability Team, based in the North West. If you have a thorough understanding of energy legislation, great project management skills and the ability to implement and deliver a holistic energy strategy, this highly autonomous position could provide you with a real opportunity to showcase your ability.
About The Role
Reporting to the Group Head of Sustainability, the Energy Manager will be responsible for compliance with all energy related legislation, development and management of our energy management system (EnMS) and identifying energy reduction and generation projects across the Organisation. You will also be responsible for monitoring consumption of electricity, gas, liquid and solid fuels, and providing internal and external reports on consumption, trends and opportunities as required.
Other Elements To The Role Include
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Updating and leading on the organisations wide energy strategy to achieve our CO2 reduction targets
- Leading or supporting our work on specific energy projects, such as metering and renewables
- Representing the organisation across various forums
- Review of proposals and contracts for energy-related products and/or services
- Applying strong project management skills to existing and new projects
- Keeping abreast of, and advising on, legislative and technological developments that affect the organisation
- Generating or supporting the development of investment proposals and cost/benefit analyses for new generation and energy saving technologies/projects
- Maintaining strong relationships with our care organisations and delivering educational/training materials as required to help them manage their energy usage effectively
- Regular reporting as part of our legal, CSR and sustainability obligations
- Managing relationships with our external suppliers to ensure best performance and value for money
What will you bring?
- In depth experience working in Energy management with a thorough understanding of energy legislation.
- Detailed working knowledge of the EUETS, ESOS, CCL and SECR, as you will be responsible for ensuring the organisation complies with all energy-related legislation.
- Experience of maintaining and improving a BS EN ISO50001 energy management system (EnMS) across a large, multisite organisation.
- Proven track record of identifying both energy reduction and generation projects; with the ability to manage multiple projects to deliver the holistic energy strategy for the organisation
- Strong engagement and influencing skills with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation; with the ability to communicate complex subjects clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Data management and analysis skills, with ability to write reports.
- Keen commercial common sense, able to keep the trust informed of latest technologies, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Some understanding of PFI and healthcare is desirable but not a prerequisite.